As of 1 March 2020, Margie Whitehouse joined the WESGRO team in Cape Town as their Chief Tourism (Marketing) Officer, replacing Judy Lain who resigned from the organization in mid-2019. We are excited to welcome Margie as she will bring guidance and inputs to align ourselves further to the Western Cape’s marketing efforts. To our advantage is the fact that Margie is very familiar with the Greater Knysna Area, owning property and her parents live in Belvidere. Welcome, Margie.
A reminder that our Stakeholders Engagement will take place at 10h30 this Friday, 13 March at PiliPili in Sedgefield. Please ensure that you have RSVP’d to Info@VisitKnysna.co.za .
Calendar of Events
A number of major and annual events have already taken place this year. Thank you to all the event organisers, as well as to their supporters. We will continue to promote upcoming events in the Greater Knysna Area as these give ideal opportunities to attract visitors. Please be sure to supply our office with all relevant information pertaining to events that you are aware of. All details can be sent to Info@VisitKnysna.co.za and we will identify those to promote further afield. Please support the events that are listed on our website: www.VisitKnysna.co.za .
Upcoming Events :
Knysna Oyster Festival
Planning for this year’s event, that is scheduled for Friday, 26 June – Sunday, 5 July 2020, is well underway. The Management Committee, comprising of the major events, municipal officials and Visit Knysna, meet regularly. The Steering Committee will continue to meet, on an ad hoc basis, regularity increasing as we progress towards the event dates.
We are pleased to advise that Andrew Finn has been contracted as the Festival Coordinator. Queries and details can be submitted through him on email Info@KnysnaOysterFestival.co.za or his office (08h00 – 13h00, weekdays) on 044 382 6880.
There is a public meeting scheduled for 10h00 on Wednesday, 25 March 2020: this will take place at Drydock (upstairs). Anyone who wants to be involved in event offerings, activity or accommodation specials, etc is encouraged to attend. Please RSVP your attendance to Info@VisitKnysna.co.za as space is limited.
Media Hosting / Articles
- From our Nordics Roadshow, we hosted golf journalist, Søren Thorup. He and his wife had a very good visit to Knysna where they played golf and wrote articles on the Knysna and Pezula Golf Courses (having previously featured the Simola Golf Course), as well as the history of the Turbine Hotel.
- In February, there was a crew from CGTN (China Global Television Network) DSTV SA channel 409 who recorded footage based on human interest stories, artists, sports personalities, community / township upliftment development stories and business related stories. This was a great opportunity for some of our locals to feature.
- And subsequent to the Vakantiebeurs in the Netherlands, we recently hosted Laura Weenink of Reisachtige Laura. She was in the area to write on family activities, which included an outing with AMD Odyssey, eateries in Sedgefield and Knysna, whilst being accommodated by Blackwaters River Lodge, who were also represented at Vakantiebeurs.
- The crew from Cape Cycle Routes stopped over in Knysna whilst creating footage on the Karoo Crossing Route.
WESGRO are in the process of developing this concept further to incorporate Klein Karoo to Central Karoo, which our area will again form a part of.
A reminder to you all, please :
- When you and your guests are out and about, please remember to tag us @Visit Knysna and @Visit Sedgefield. By tagging us, we could then ‘save and repost’ the content onto our various platforms.
- Should you have any media content, photos or videos that you would like to share with us, you are welcome to contact Nadine on firstname.lastname@example.org .